Migration Prerequisites and Recommendations
Ensure the following required prerequisites are met prior to beginning the migration:
- The Migration Wizard is installed and ANCILE Info Pak version 5.51 or higher is installed.
- You have a login to the Server, the server is currently operational, the server is accessible from your computer and a blank project exists on the Server. You must have administrator rights to the project.
- You have a template assigned to your blank project.
- You have initialized Info Pak and set your working directory.
- You have noted the location of your Info Pak parent and content folders.
- You have noted the location of the Web Architect and Glossary profiles.
- You have launched the Editor.
- You have noted the location of the Info Pak template profile.
- All instances of Microsoft Word are closed.
- Create an ipcontent folder in the [Install Location]\collaboration\www\ location, and place your Info Pak content into this folder.
Activities During Web Architect Processing
During migration of Info Pak - Web Architect data, the Migration Wizard gathers document data. The Migration Wizard uses the Web Architect category data and hierarchy information to establish the uPerform document library and website folder structure. The Migration Wizard generates a link to the child output in the same order as the published link priority in Web Architect. This link is activated once the content verification is run.
Within the uPerform document library, placeholders are created for parent documents. These placeholders will be populated during document check in. The placeholder includes the Info Pak GUID, filename, document title, document type, and version.
Web Architect HTX sets and the information contained within the sets is not migrated to uPerform. Refer to the companion manual Administration for more information on customizing your Server environment.
Activities During Glossary Processing
During migration of Info Pak - Glossary data, the Migration Wizard gathers information about the Glossary base definition for terms and applies this definition at the project level (to apply to only the project selected at the beginning of migration).
The Glossary can be migrated without mapping properties to a context (folder) within the document library, but the Info Pak base definition will become the uPerform project definition and the Info Pak key property-based definitions will become uPerform suggestions.
Multiple migrations to one project are only permitted for the document check in activity. You cannot migrate Web Architect and Glossary data into the same project more than once.
After migration, the Info Pak and uPerform glossaries do not remain synchronized. The migrated data will be applied to uPerform documents only. Info Pak documents only use the Info Pak - Glossary, and the Info Pak - Glossary must be maintained separately if updates to it are required.
After migration, a glossary log is stored in the following default location: C:\Users\App Data\Roaming\Migration Wizard\version X.X\Logs\Glossary.
Activities During Document Check-In Processing
The check-in progress uses Microsoft Word to automatically check for and upgrade Info Pak documents. Microsoft Word should not be used until the upgrade process is complete.
The following Info Pak document types can be migrated to uPerform: parent, simulation, an assimilated Microsoft PowerPoint file, an assimilated Microsoft Excel file, an assimilated Microsoft Word file, an assimilated Microsoft Visio file, and an assimilated HTML file. Content is processed in the following manner:
- All simulation files (.ssf) are zipped prior to check in. The zipped file extension is .zsd.
- Assimilated HTML documents and all accompanying files are zipped prior to check in. The extension of the zipped assimilated HTML file is .zhd.
- Assimilated Microsoft Office content is checked in as-is without zipping prior.
- Info Pak parent documents are zipped prior to check in. The extension of the zip file is .zid.
All Microsoft Office documents in the specified parent folder are checked for an Info Pak GUID. Any documents without an Info Pak GUID will not be checked into uPerform except as part of a zip file for an Info Pak document.
Info Pak documents that were not imported into Web Architect will not be included in the uPerform document library structure. However, the Migration Wizard will still detect these files if they are in the parent folder and will upload them directly to the root of the project. You must use uPerform to move these files to the correct location in the document library.
Prior to executing the migration, review the following important points regarding checking Info Pak content into uPerform:
- Only Info Pak content published to a filename can be migrated. If you are publishing Info Pak content to ID or ID_filename, this content cannot be migrated.
- Documents can only be checked into each Server once. If you check documents into the document library of a different project on the Server, the migration process will simply increment the version of the documents in the original document library.
A global cascading stylesheet (CSS) file is used to control the appearance of Info Pak documents on the uPerform website. This css file is stored on the application server at WWW\Website01\style. If you made customizations to your Info Pak stylesheet (content.css), you must repeat those customizations in the InfoPakContent.css file. All Info Pak documents linked to from uPerform will use the InfoPakContent.css; you cannot specify a local stylesheet or omit the stylesheet. For more information on end user website customizations, refer to the companion manual Administration.
After migration, you will be prompted to view the log. To view the log, click Yes. The check-in log is stored in the following default location: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\[applicationdirectory]\version X.xx\Logs\Checkin.
Activities During Template Processing
Before you can transform Info Pak documents and simulations, you must update a uPerform template with Info Pak transformation settings. Updating a template with transformation settings stores various Info Pak settings and if you choose to:
- Automatically generate the exercise section
- Transform the procedure section
- Transform procedure from simulation, if a simulation is available
- Section mapping used for transformation
When template processing is complete, you can open the template in the Editor to view the transformation settings under
. These settings are not configurable within the Template Editor. To make changes to the Info Pak transformation settings, you must use the Migration Wizard.
You must assign the template to the blank project you will use to transform Info Pak documents.
Activities During Document Transformation Processing
During transformation of your Info Pak documents, the Migration Wizard transforms the sections of your Info Pak documents to the sections in a uPerform document. You specify the mapping of sections between Info Pak and uPerform in the initial Migration Wizard configuration.
After the Migration Wizard has completed the transformation processing, you can open the new uPerform documents with the Editor for quality assurance review and editing. In particular, you must edit the procedure section in order to ensure your content displays properly for publication. If you have content that contains a document and a simulation, it is recommended that you edit in the simulation view. Finally, you can check the new uPerform documents into the Server in single or batch mode.
If you previously checked in an Info Pak document for dual-mode functionality and you then transform this document and check it into the Server, your Info Pak document is replaced with the transformed document on the Server. The resulting uPerform document receives a new version designator. The website context assigned to the document and any associated discussion content is retained with the transformed uPerform document.
After transformation, you should archive your Info Pak content library and, moving forward, edit the uPerform documents.