The system consists of two databases, a web application server, a search server, and multiple client installations.
It is recommended that you create a backup and recovery plan for every instance of the application. Each plan can be tailored to the specific needs of the user base (for example, for a development or production system). At a minimum, a backup and recovery plan should include and address the following objectives:
- Define an acceptable data loss limit for the system.
- Define an acceptable downtime limit for the system.
- Define the backup settings for files, folders, and databases.
- Define the backup storage location and retention policy.
- Document system administration settings such as system administration accounts and passwords.
- Define a restoration procedure.
- Define the backup and maintenance schedules.
- Define personnel or group responsibilities for backup and restoration of the system.
- Define any additional factors or procedures unique to an organization or project team.
For more information on developing a backup and recovery plan, consult with your IT department.