The website folder contains all of the files necessary to drive the display of your end user website. These files are organized via the use of a customizable website skin, which controls the visual display and layout of your end user website. The application comes with four different website skins you can select for your website. They are named Website01, Website02, Website03, and Website04. If you want to develop a customized website skin, you can use the Website02 folder as a template to start the customization process. You can modify and preview your website changes in a staging area prior to modifying your production environment.
Website customization steps include:
- Create a website folder
- Create a skin
- Customize the files within the website folder for use with the skin
The website folder on the application server contains four subfolders used in the customization process:
- Fonts: Contains fontAwesome fonts used for the icons for website skins 02 - 04.
- Images: Contains images used on the end user website.
- Style: Contains customizable cascading style sheet (CSS) files.
- Transform: Contains customizable Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL) files.
The Websitexx folder is located in the [applicationdatapath Install Location]\Collaboration\WWW directory. It is recommended that you create a new website folder using the Website02 folder as a template.
The layout of content files and the display of publications intended for your end users can be modified via the Template Editor. For more information refer to Using Author Templates in the companion manual Managing Content.