To perform the steps in this checklist, you must have access to the Collaboration and Glossary databases with administration privileges. You will also need the username and password that was created for the Collaboration database.
- Download the appropriate Server executable from the ANCILE Intelligence Hub or SAP Service Marketplace. Refer to Software Download Instructions.
- Download the appropriate client application executable from the ANCILE Intelligence Hub or SAP Service Marketplace. Refer to Software Download Instructions.
- Back up any existing customizations, i.e. website skin customizations located on the server in the [install directory]\Collaboration\WWW folder or any template customizations located in the Resources folder of the client application.
- Back up the ucontent folder located on the application server in the [install directory]\Collaboration\WWWfolder.
- Back up the ipcontent folder (if it exists) located on the application server in the [install directory]\Collaboration\WWW folder.
- Back up the Collaboration and Glossary databases.
Server Installation Steps
Execute the Server installation as described in the Upgrading an Existing uPerform Server section in the Administration manual.
Client Installation Steps
Execute the client application installation on the authors’ local computers.
There are multiple ways to perform the client application installation. For additional details, refer to the Getting Started section in the Creating Content manual.
Software Download Instructions
You can upgrade to 5.4 directly from version 5.3 or higher. If you are upgrading from an earlier version, you will need to download and install one or more intermediate versions before installing version 5.4. Please submit a support ticket for more information on the upgrade path you will need to take.
For Customers Downloading Software Directly from ANCILE
- Go to the ANCILE Intelligence Hub (https://support.ancile.com).
- Enter your support site login credentials.
- Select the Software Downloads link.
- Select uPerform Server Package v X.XX (where X.XX is the version number, for example: 5.10) and click Save to download the Server executable to your local drive.
- In the Downloads section, select the uPerform Client Package v X.XX (where X.XX is the version number, for example: 5.10) and click Save to download the client application executable to your local drive.